Join us for The University Innovation Network Summit
With a critical mass of top research universities and growing Knowledge Communities across our portfolio, we have fostered the development of The University Innovation Network. Comprised of Wexford, our university partners and private industry, The University Innovation Network promotes the exchange of ideas, identification of best practices and value-added programming.
JOIN US FOR THE FIFTH ANNUAL SUMMIT
IN MIAMI ON OCTOBER 18 AND 19
Our programming will begin at 1:00 pm on October 18th and end following dinner on the 19th.
If you are planning to attend the Summit, please RSVP by Friday, September 29, 2017, using the form below or contact Sami Proctor directly at email@example.com. You will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of your response.
Join us for a broad agenda of topics and tours, including:
- Rosentiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science – learn how the University of Miami is leveraging the College and its programs and unique infrastructure to conduct cutting-edge research and community interaction regarding all marine-related sciences. RSMAS has generously offered to demonstrate one of its most distinctive elements – its Air-Sea Interaction Salt Water Tank – an unique facility that can simulate wind-wave phenomena such as hurricanes.
- A discussion surrounding the importance of and strategies for temporary and pop-up space activation and programming.
- A tour of the world renowned Wynwood Arts District and Wynwood Walls. The Wynwood Walls were created in 2009 in an effort to develop the area’s pedestrian potential. The Walls have brought much notoriety to Miami within the genre of graffiti and street art and artists from around the world have contributed to the Wynwood Walls.
- A panel discussion focused on creating community engagement and inclusion in Knowledge Communities.
- Attending the weekly Venture Café; a weekly gathering of Miami’s innovation ecosystem that is part of Venture Café’s high-impact programming and events that creates intentional spaces for entrepreneurial individuals and organizations to gather, connect, and build relationships.
- An exploration of the role of government and private foundations in helping promote and support the development of innovation districts and Knowledge Communities. Hear from the US EDA, the Kresge Foundation, and others regarding opportunities for engagement.
- Participate in the Knowledge Community Roundtable; a platform for you to exchange ideas and problem solve with your colleagues.
Wexford has reserved a block of rooms for our guests at the Epic Hotel (270 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami, FL 33131). To make a reservation please use the link http://bit.ly/2wj1hrH. Rates are $199 per night plus tax. Discounted rates are available until October 1, 2017.
- Dress Attire: Business casual
- Transportation: Wexford will provide transportation from RSMAS to the hotel on Wednesday and to the events taking place on Thursday