Administrative Assistant/Office Administrator
$60,000 to $80,000, depending on experience
3333 Michelson Drive, Suite 300, Irvine, CA 92612
Development / West Region
Responsible for providing administrative support and assistance to the West Region Team
Wexford Science & Technology, LLC is a real estate company exclusively focused on partnering with universities, academic medical centers, and research institutions. Wexford works collaboratively with its partner institutions to help create and develop vibrant, mixed-use, amenity-rich Knowledge Communities built on a foundation of research, discovery, and entrepreneurial activity.
Description of the Position
In this position, the Administrative Assistant will possess a high energy level, be outgoing, be proactive, possess excellent organizational skills, and be able to work independently. The position’s primary function is to leverage the West Region team’s time by performing administrative duties related to the scope of their responsibilities. In addition, the individual will assist the West Region team with schedule coordination (meetings), travel, expense reporting, etc. The position requires a professional presence, strong communication skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and effectively work with other team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Coordinate across the Wexford platform to administratively assimilate the West Region into the company’s overall administrative platform
- Outlook calendar/schedule maintenance, scheduling internal and external meetings (coordinate meeting logistics, presentation materials, and conference rooms, tracking attendees, catering, etc.) as needed
- Coordinate travel and create travel itineraries for executives; complete and submit expense reports
- Assist with record keeping and managing internal reporting requirements and databases, as applicable.
- Coordinate and support the West Region team in scheduling and managing events
- General research and preparation for presentations and meetings
- Perform a variety of general clerical duties such as taking meeting minutes and electronic file storage and maintenance
- Organize and maintain online and physical file system
- Receive visitors and assist/direct phone calls
- Handling correspondence
- Maintain and order office supplies/ beverage supplies
- Providing other general administrative support as needed
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must have 5-7 years of experience supporting executive staff
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, OneDrive) – Advanced Excel skills a plus
- Must be detailed oriented, possess strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills
- Must be a team player
- General knowledge of real estate and construction terminology
- Experience with various administrative tasks
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Positive attitude and proactive problem-solving skills
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field preferred
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off and holidays
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you are a detail-oriented and proactive individual with experience in administrative support, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Wexford Science + Technology seeks to create a diverse, inclusive and welcoming work environment and provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type is not tolerated. Wexford Science + Technology is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Interested candidates should email in a single PDF a cover letter, resume, and any work samples that illustrate your best work consistent with our objectives for this position to: [email protected] or complete the form below. Please name the file: LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_AA_West.PDF.