Wexford Science & Technology, the leading developer of university-centric real estate strategies and solutions is seeking a Marketing Specialist to join its corporate team in Baltimore, Maryland.
We are seeking a motivated, creative, and talented marketing and communications professional, specializing in graphic design, digital communications, and local marketing support.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing high quality content for social media, web, events, leasing proposals, presentations, and print media, ensuring a consistent brand and identity for Wexford corporately and across our local Knowledge Community brands. They will enjoy coordinating multiple assignments with defined timelines and goals and possess excellent organizational, graphics, and written and verbal communication skills.
Wexford Science & Technology, LLC, is a real estate company exclusively focused on partnering with universities, academic medical centers, and research institutions to develop vibrant, mixed-use, amenity-rich communities. Wexford’s Knowledge Communities are built on a foundation of discovery, innovation, entrepreneurial activity, corporate engagement, and community inclusion. Wexford targets strategic opportunities with top-tier research universities that are directly on or contiguous to dense, urban campuses. Presently Wexford has developed sixteen Knowledge Communities across the United States. For more information, please visit www.wexfordscitech.com.
This is a full-time, in-person role based in Wexford’s Baltimore, MD office. Some travel between Baltimore and Wexford’s projects around the country will occasionally be required. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. The position will report to the Senior Director of Marketing.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for executing marketing and communications programs that will drive visibility, identity, branding and leasing activity for Wexford and our Knowledge Communities around the country. The Marketing Specialist is ultimately accountable for providing an exceptional level of marketing support and expertise, both internally and externally.
Areas of focus and daily responsibilities will include:
- Marketing, Presentations and Leasing Support
- Creating, designing, developing, and customizing marketing materials as needed, particularly presentation materials for use by development teams and executives
- Supporting Wexford development leads, brokers, and consultants in developing and maintaining a comprehensive portfolio of leasing and marketing materials for all properties and developments and across all platforms, including digital, web, social media and traditional collateral material
- Reinforcing Wexford development leads and our brokers in preparing leasing proposals and client presentations to ensure value proposition relevancy for target audiences, while maintaining corporate brand consistency
- Digital Marketing, Web and Social Media
- Developing a strategy with Wexford’s corporate marketing lead and maintaining an active social media calendar and presence for Wexford
- Maintaining website content, accessibility, and freshness
- Developing and analyzing monthly social media and website reports based on current objectives, key performance indicators, audience demographics and user journeys to identify trends and inform future content and channel strategies
- Creating email communications, including Wexford’s email newsletter; ensuring consistency in focus, visuals and voice between email communications and concurrent social media posts
- Creating stories demonstrating the impact of our Knowledge Communities on tenants, community members, and universities for Wexford and Knowledge Community websites
- Function as producer for Wexford’s podcast, The Commons
These are the essential functions of the position; other duties may be assigned. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire job-related skills, and perform other work as required.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in similar marketing and communications roles. Experience in a commercial real estate leasing or development context or university setting preferable
- Experience with major graphic and presentation software platforms (including PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite) sufficient to develop high-quality products
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience creating professional content on social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Experience with WordPress, Squarespace, HTML and FTP practices is a plus
- Proven ability to collaborate regularly with team members, partners and clients, including research functions to capture market data and present content in an understandable and impactful manner
- Strong ability to problem-solve with the ability to work effectively, efficiently, and independently in a deadline-driven, dynamic office environment
- Ability to maintain project schedules and produce timely, high-quality deliverables
Wexford offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance and 401(k) matching.
Interested candidates should email in a single PDF a cover letter, resume and a minimum of three (3) work samples that illustrate your best work consistent with our objectives for this position, including at least one presentation sample and one writing sample to: [email protected] or complete the form below. Please name the file: LastName_FirstName_MarketingSpecialist.PDF.